Monday, December 30, 2013

Hong Kong 2013 Day 2: Baking Supplies Stores

Day 2: 31 October 2013 (Thu)

After we left Toy Street, I managed to get some spare time for my own shopping. Easy to guess right? I went looking for the baking supplies stores in Hong Kong. Before the trip, I did a quick search for the baking supplies stores here and found Cathy's post extremely useful as she got a long list of shops that she had visited! Also got some info from Wendy who just returned from Hong Kong before my trip. :) Knowing that I won't have sufficient time to shop, I targeted at 3 shops here, but in the end only visited 2.

Baking Supplies Stores

Here's a map that I roughly made markings and directions of the places I went to. I took the MTR from Wan Chai back to Yau Ma Tei. Exit from A1, walk along Pitt Street (碧街), cross the road at Shanghai Street (上海街) and turn right. Walk past a few shops, you will find On Yip Building (安業商業大廈). There are 2 baking supplies shops located in this same building.


Took the lift to Floor 8, this is 二德惠 (http://www.twinsco.com/). They have other branches too. It's only after I returned then I realized they have a branch at Wan Chai too. Haha!


After that took the lift to Floor 1, this is 淇趣蛋糕烘焙工房 (KK's Cake Workshop).


Not sure if photography is allowed, so I just quickly took some photos. I spent more time and bought all my stuffs from 二德惠 as they were cheaper and more variety. Some of the things that I bought back. I did not spend a lot though.


M Garden Vegetarian

After shopping, I went to look for vegetarian food for my mum. If you are a vegetarian, you can find vegetarian food all over the world from HappyCow website. I bookmarked a few before the trip. There are 2 vegetarian restaurants very near to us here at Dundas Street (登打士街). We went to M Garden Vegetarian which serves vegetarian Chinese food and dim sum.


A few simple and tasty dishes.


Some info for anyone who is vegetarian.

M Garden Vegetarian
2/F, Omega Plaza, 32-34A Dundas Street, Mong Kok (nearest MTR station Yau Ma Tei)
Open Mon-Sun 11am-11pm

The other vegetarian restaurant Jade Vegetarian is somewhere diagonally opposite this building at the ground floor, easier to spot and seems cheaper! Haiz!

Jade Vegetarian
Shop B, 124-128 Portland Street, Mong Kok
Open Mon-Sun 10am-11:30pm

Kwong Wa Street (廣華街)

After the food, we intended to walk back to our hotel. We walked along Dundas Street and found a whole street selling fruits, vegetables and dried goods. We stopped by for a look. My mum bought some stuffs back. At the end of the street, we got a bit lost of the directions. Didn't know how to and how far to walk back. As we had more activities later at night, we decided to take a taxi back. The taxi fare was HK$20. I read the map after we were back and found that the street was Kwong Wa Street (廣華街). :)


Next: The Peak