Sunday, February 10, 2013

Charity Bake Sale: Thank you for your support! Gong Xi Fa Cai!

A big big thank you to the following friends who have bought my homemade CNY cookies to support my first charity bake sale. I hope you all like the cookies. All the cookies were made by me and only me with no extra help, except my father who helped me to wash and clean up. ;p

I spent about 5 days baking. I made a total of 30 containers of cookies, which exceeded my targeted order of 20. I'm sorry that I had to revise and also reject some orders as there was not much time to make any extra.










As mentioned in my previous post, for every container of cookies sold, I will donate $1 to "Singapore Buddhist Free Clinic" which provides subsidized TCM for the needy and sick elderly, I managed to raise $30 (for 30 containers sold). One of my customers, Mary Ng, had donated another extra $10 in addition to the cookies bought, to support this bake sale. Thank you so much Mary!

So on the first day of the Chinese New Year, I made my first donation in the name of "Small Small Baker" through sggives.org charity donation portal.. The donation is $40 ($30 from my bake sale and $10 from Mary's personal donation). Although it is only a very small amount, I am very happy that I make the first step of helping the less fortunate. Hope I will be able to do more charity bake sales in future.




I wish everyone a Happy and Prosperous Snake Year. 
May all be safe and healthy!!

祝贺大家:新年快乐,出入平安,画蛇添福,蛇来运转!!